Tuesday 22 December 2020

WHEN WE ARE MARRIED by Hugh Morton

 WHEN WE ARE MARRIED.

Copyright, 1897, by T. B. Harms & Co.
Words by Hugh Morton. Music by Ousters Kerker.

Fifi.-When we are married Harry.-Why. what will you do?

Fifi.-I'll be as sweet as I can to you,
I will be tender and I will be true
When I am married, sweetheart, to you!

Harry.-Love Is not all, dear, that poets may say.
Often it lasts but a year and a day;
Often the day, love, without any year,
Love Is not all it's crack'd up to be. dear!

Fifi.-I only know, love, what our love will be;
I will love you, love, and you will love me,
Not for a year, love, and not for a day;
I will love you, love, forever and aye!

Harry.-When we are married, why what will you do?

Fifi.-I'll be as sweet as I can be to you!
I will be tender and I will be true,
When I am married, sweetheart, to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment